Carer World notes

Sheltered accommodation/housing  

Sheltered housing (also known as retirement housing) means having your own flat or bungalow in a block, or on a small estate, where all the other residents are older people (usually over 55). With a few exceptions, all developments (or 'schemes') provide independent, self-contained homes with their own front doors. 

more Google

hidden page  Health care professionals will realise that this link is addressed to the general reader and that the link occurs on several pages